Revised Clash Gour Proposals to go on show across Moray
Force 9 Energy, alongside development partner EDF Renewables (EDFR), is holding a second round of Public Exhibitions in early May for the proposed Clash Gour Wind Farm. Six Public Exhibitions will be held across the area from 1st to 3rd May:
- Tuesday 1st May 2018- 12:00pm-3:00pm: Elgin Town Hall, Elgin (IV30 1UL)
- Tuesday 1st May 2018- 5:00pm-8:00pm: Edinkillie Community Hall, Dunphail (IV36 2QW)
- Wednesday 2nd May 2018- 12:00pm- 3:00pm: Archiestown Village Hall (AB38 7QZ)
- Wednesday 2nd May 2018- 5:00pm- 8:00pm: Houldsworth Institute, Dallas (IV36 2SA)
- Thursday, 3rd May 2018 -11:00am-2:00pm: The Grant Arms Hotel, Grantown-on-Spey (PH26 3HF)
- Thursday, 3rd May 2018- 4:00pm- 7:30pm: Forres Town Hall, Forres (IV36 1PB)
The Public Exhibitions follow upon the first round of Exhibitions, held in March 2017, where we set out the initial proposals for the project. The initial design on display at the March 2017 events illustrated a potential windfarm of up to 63 turbines. Subsequent consultation and assessment now suggest that the site has the capacity to accommodate around 50 turbines, with an installed generating capacity of around 250MW. The updated proposals to be shown at the May 2018 Public Exhibition will illustrate a turbine layout of 47 turbines for further consultation and feedback.
Force 9 Energy is committed to giving local people every opportunity to feed back their views and suggestions directly to the project team, at every stage of the development process. The feedback received following the initial round of exhibitions and from a wide range of consultees, has been used to carefully inform and shape the revised proposals that will be on show at the May Exhibitions.
At the Public Exhibitions visitors will also be invited to once again view an innovative 3-D model of the site. This is a very helpful tool that provides a visual representation of how the turbines would appear in the landscape based on their current design.
Force 9 Energy will also provide information regarding the community benefit fund for the project and, separately, a proposed community ownership opportunity, for which discussions are ongoing with the local community groups across the whole of Moray.
Force 9 Energy look forward to welcoming local residents, and all those with an interest in the proposals, to the Public Exhibitions in May.