Renewable energy technologies are
needed to endure energy demands are met
The UK is the
About wind farms
Wind energy is fast becoming an increasingly economical way to provide energy as it is an entirely renewable source of energy that is abundant, self-generated and therefore secure and environmentally friendly.
With the ever-increasing threat of climate change and the damaging effects of using fossil fuels, renewable energy technologies are desperately needed to ensure the future energy demands are met. The UK has the potential to become a world leader in renewable technology due to the vast availability of resources such as wind, tidal and wave. The UK is the windiest country in Europe accounting for over just 40% of Europe's wind resource; and with the right investment renewable energy could provide the majority of the UK' renewable energy consumption.
Download further reading about windfarms - Common Concerns About Wind Power (Pdf 288Kb), published by the CSE.
Benefits of Wind Energy
- Wind power is completely renewable. Using renewable energy makes our current lifestyle more sustainable and helps to preserve a high standard of living for generations to come.
- Wind power produces no harmful waste such as carbon dioxide and offsets the emissions of generating electricity from other energy sources. This means that sourcing our energy from wind power instead will assist with the global need to tackle CO2 emissions to prevent climate change.
- Wind energy is considered to be a reliable, cost-effective, pollution free and secure source of energy
- Wind energy is compatible with other land uses and can serve as a boost for rural economic development.
- Wind energy costs are low and stable for consumers especially at a time when oil and gas prices are at an all time high.